It's a GAD GAD World
Thursday, February 24, 2005
 
PSYCHS SUCK

It's a good thing I'm not suicidal, because lemme tell ya, it would have been a hell of a lot easier for me to slit my wrists than to go through what I've been through just trying to get help for my relapse.

So I relapsed. Now what would a logical person do when they have a medical problem that's recurred? Go to their doctor, right? So stupid me, I reach out to my doctor for help & he gives me a phone number to call and says he can't treat me anymore. What an asshole. A gaping and cavernous asshole. The number he gave me was supposedly for a low cost clinic available to employees at Prestigious Institution. I called the number. This so-called "low-cost" clinic charges $225 for an office visit and it's not covered by insurance.

Plan B--get another psychiatrist now that I have insurance. But for that I have to GET my insurance. That took 2 days of unreturned phone calls to the HR office, and 2 days of sitting in the office waiting for someone to deal with me. But I got it done.

Now to make an appointment with my PCP, whom I had to pick out of a book when I turned my benefits paperwork in. She doesn't accept my insurance anymore. I called the person I listed as a backup. She's no longer working in primary care. Then I start calling names out of the book. And FINALLY I find one who's willing to see me.

That appointment was Monday. I was only with her for 15 minutes, but she seemed very nice and gave me the referral slip I needed.

Now to find a psychiatrist. I must have called close to 10 doctors this week. They're either not taking new patients or they don't take my insurance. I finally found one to take me, but I won't be able to see her till March 18. So thanks to my prick of an ex-psychiatrist, I now have to wait more than 30 days to be seen. Someone should have seen me THREE FUCKING WEEKS AGO!!!

But at least the asshole gave me some more Xanax. And if I limit myself to 1 pill/workday, I'll have enough to last till my appointment.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger