It's a GAD GAD World
Friday, May 06, 2005
 
OLDER, BUT NO WISER

Yeah, so it's my birthday today. BFD.

Actually, it is a big deal, but only because I turned 35. I am officially No Longer a Kid. It's time for me to grow up and be responsible, get a damn job and stick with it, and get rid of these Pollyanna dreams of finding a boyfriend.

I started Neurontin today. I took 300 mgs this morning. My plan is to take 1 pill/day every day this week and see how it goes.

So what did I do on my special day? I baked brownies, went grocery shopping, and ate lunch at Burger King. I had this wild and crazy idea that I was going to go to Starbucks & use the gift card I had to get a hot chocolate & an espresso brownie. I decided against it because 1) it was just too damn cold & windy today to be walking around the city, 2) I already made brownies this morning and I wasn't in the mood for anything chocolate.

While grocery shopping I picked up goods for a special meal, which it's too late for me to cook today. I bought some turkey, some shredded lettuce, and a can of grape spritzer (a throwback to the days when I worked at this theater where I got paid in lunch--I always ordered a turkey sandwich on foccacia bread and the can of grape spritzer).

Tomorrow my big plan for the day is to get a haircut. It's also Barb's birthday tomorrow. Where would I be if she were still here? I know she'd remember my birthday, that's for sure. She was the one person I could count on to remember. The only person who wished me a happy birthday today was the guy I talked to at the unemployment office this afternoon.

I recently discovered a new website that will be of interest to anyone with mental illness: www.crazymeds.org . Not only is it informative, it's also frigging hilarious! And I'm sorry if I've mentioned this before. I generally don't remember what I post from one entry to the next.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger