It's a GAD GAD World
Monday, June 13, 2005
 
CREATURE OF THE NIGHT

It's official--I've turned into a vampire.

Between the unbearable heat & the fact that I haven't had much of a reason to leave the apartment in nearly a week, I've been sleeping all day and staying up all night.

I haven't written much about GAD lately. That's because I haven't been experiencing much of it. Ever since I was diagnosed more than 2 years ago, the situation has always been that anxiety was my primary complaint and the dysthymia was just there as a backdrop. Now, for whatever reason, the situation has reversed itself. Now dysthymia is my primary complaint. The anxiety just pops up occasionally, and when it does, I just pop half a klonopin & it goes away.

When I was first fired, I thought I would take advantage of my time off to get some things done--restart my music column, organize some things, clean my apartment. Have I done any of that? HELL NO! I just lie around all day.

I'd give anything to have some energy. I've got AC in my apartment, so I'm cool & comfortable enough. I could do stuff if I could just get off the damn couch...

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger