It's a GAD GAD World
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
 
THROUGH THE RUINS

So I saw this ad for 9/11 counseling in one of the local rags the same day I posted about my asshole psychiatrist. I called that evening and left a message. They called back the next day. To make a long story short, it turns out that as a WTC survivor I'm eligible for 32 free appointments/sessions/whatever from any licensed mental health provider of my choice. I'm also eligible for up to $1500 reimbursement for crazy/sleepy meds.

That's the good news. The bad news is they might not reimburse me for Namenda, since its use for GAD is highly unorthodox. But the asshole gave me a heaping supply of it the last time we saw each other. So I might be able to hold out...

The other good news is that I saw the Cute Guy Friday night. He was performing & I went to see his shtick. I also wore my Santa hat afterwards and told him, "It's Christmas in January!" Then I gave him a tin of my chocolate mint cookies & a homemade CD. He really took the time to talk to me, which was wonderful. He may never fall in love with me, but it feels so good to have someone be nice to me without having to worry about when he's going to stab me in the back.

My new job is a nightmare. If it weren't for the fact that I'm making DAMN good money I'd quit.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger