It's a GAD GAD World
Saturday, May 06, 2006
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PART 2
OK, back to my story...

I haven't gone off meds completely. I absolutely MUST be functional for work, and I am working now, so I still took some Namenda before work every morning. But I dropped down to the lowest dosage, 5 mgs. And I still popped an occasional benzo when I felt the need. But no sleep aids, due to the alcohol I've been drinking every night.

Surprisingly, it hasn't been that bad. Monday & Tuesday were a little rough, but I've been managing. Sleep has been horrible. I've been lucky to get 4 hours a night. Last night I gorged myself on pizza & ended up napping for 90 minutes. Never got around to doing the drinking ritual because I was too damn sleepy to turn on the computer to play music.

Got up around 7:30 this morning, then I did laundry. Now I'm writing. And I'll probably continue to write until dinnertime. Other than that, I probably won't do anything special today.

And that's getting more and more OK. It used to really bother me that no one remembered me on holidays & special days, but as the years go by things like that become less & less important. I suppose some small part of me will always wonder why I'm not important to anyone in the world, but I'm starting to realize that not being important ISN'T that important.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger