It's a GAD GAD World
Monday, May 01, 2006
 
I'M A LOSER
Yeah, so I said I was going to blog every day. So much for that. I haven't blogged on my other blog in a while either, despite a wealth of material. No excuses, I just haven't been able to get off my ass & do it. And I've been trying to get off my ass and do this writing thing for over a year now.

I'm growing increasingly discontented with my job. Recently I had the opportunity to see a salary list of several employees at my job. The only person on the list who made less money than me was the new janitor. And I have a master's degree!

I've been sentenced to front desk duty till January. That means 1) I'll have to be around the president a lot, & she's a cold, condescending bitch. Last Friday an employee left early because he got word that his son got hurt at school & had to be taken to the hospital. President kept making smart-ass cracks about him being an overprotective worrywart for the remainder of the day. When she was finally informed that the child had fallen and broken his arm in two places her response was, "So? That's not the end of the world."

2) It's going to mean a whole lot of doing nothing. I've had several days where the most challenging thing I do is the Su Doku puzzle in the newspaper at lunchtime. Not that a whole lotta nothing is necessarily bad. It's sometimes very relaxing. And it would give me time to do my writing if I could ever get off my ass & do it. But there's an executive who's running 5 departments BY HIMSELF with no administrative support who could really use my help. Did I mention the guy had heart surgery a few months ago?

Gotta get ready for work now...

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger