It's a GAD GAD World
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
 
A LIGHT IN THE FOREST
After a short game of phone tag, I finally connected with Forest Pharmaceuticals today. The woman who returned my call was a nurse who worked in their safety division. She asked me some questions about how long I'd been taking Namenda & how it affected me. Then she explained that she was going to write up a little report, then it was going to be reported to the FDA as an "Unexpected Benefit". She explained that drug companies like to hear about such things because if enough people report a particular unexpected benefit, then the drug company knows that it might be on to something. And then they start researching it.

So my advice to all the crazies out there: If you're taking an off-label drug and it's actually working for you, LET THE DRUG COMPANY KNOW!

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger