It's a GAD GAD World
Saturday, June 09, 2007
 
JUST A WHOLE LOTTA SUCKINESS
OK, now that I'm feeling marginally better, let's see if I can give a more detailed update on my so-called life...

Those of you who are regular followers of this blog (what, all 3 of you???) may recall that about a year ago this time, I was in a very stressful situation at work. To recap quickly, I broke down in my boss' office & sobbed to him that I couldn't take it any more, & he immediately reassigned me to a much saner office. I've been there ever since.

For budgetary reasons, my move to this nicer place had to be classified as "temporary". The plan was that pending the upcoming year's budgetary approval, an "official" position would be created, I would apply for it, & assuming I got it (I learned the hard way last year never to assume anything) my situation would become permanent.

What has transpired over the past few weeks is that the position was created, I applied for it, and I got it. Exactly as planned. But not before basically being told by my new boss that admins should be seen and not heard, ot before sweating out the entire process for nearly a month, not before my new boss just happened to mention at the very end of the interview that she needed me to report at 8am (which I CAN'T do because of my insomnia), and not before coming out of the crazy closet to both my former and now current boss.

I'm not worried about my new boss knowing about my craziness. I had planned to tell her anyway as soon as I knew the position was mine. On the other hand, I am absolutely SICK about my now-former boss knowing. Don't ask how I came out. Basically, I was cornered like a trapped animal. Long story, don't wanna go into it.

Anyway, ex-boss has made comments to me in the past which led me to believe that he wouldn't be the best person to confide in, although he played Mr. Sensitive & Enlightened during the coming-out conversation. Not only that, but he's married to a fellow employee who has a demonstrated inability to keep her mouth shut. And she's close to the president, who's one of the most vicious, nasty people I've ever met. I'm just waiting for her to make some scathing remark to me at the next employee function.

It gets better: Ex-boss didn't bother to tell me this until the very moment that the position was offered to me, but my new job is considered a lateral move. Which means no raise. So I'll be doing more work for the same amount of money. I thought about raising a stink, but to make a long story short (it's after 11pm now & I want to watch the news), it ain't worth it. Saying something will only make matters worse.

On top of all this, my landlord made another unauthorized entry into my apartment. This prompted me to add to my police report AND to start prowling Craigslist for apartments again. I'm not being very proactive about the hunt, partially because a) the last hunt REALLY stresed me out, and b) I really don't want to move. I LIKE my place, even though it isn't perfect. For what I'm paying in rent now, I'm not going to find anything better. It's only my creepy landlord that's bugging me out.

So this is what I've been dealing with. In a couple of weeks I'll have an entire week off. Then I'll be able to think a little better.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger