It's a GAD GAD World
Sunday, June 17, 2007
I don't really have much to report since my last post, but I felt like blogging so here I am.

Just a heads up to any of you who might try to post a comment in the next few days. The email account that I use to access my blog is an Excite account. And if you've tried to logon to Excite at any time over this weekend, you know that Excite has been temporarily shut down.

When you post a comment, an email notification pops up in my Excite account letting me know that there's a comment waiting for me to review. But if Excite's not up and running, I'm not going to know about those little emails now, am I?

So be patient. I'll check into Blogger every few days & see if there's anything waiting for me.

I was actually somewhat productive this weekend. It all started with a Friday after-work blowout at Bath & Body Works. They had a sale this week with some stuff marked up to 75% off. Mind you, I have absolutely NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON for purchasing any type of toiletries. I've got a ginormous tote bag filled with hair care products, a drawer full of facial products, a shoebox full of lotion, plus half a garbage bag filled with miscellaneous toiletries that I haven't been able to figure out a place for yet.

But that didn't stop me from cashing in. :) A bargain is a bargain. I bought a couple of items for my boss in a scent that I know she likes (future holiday/birthday gift). I also purchased a purse stuffed with small samples for $3, another purse stuffed with 4 full-size items (body splash, shower gel, hand lotion, and bubble bath) for under $10 (originally retailed for $39.50), & 2 other full-size items. Grand total: $33.50. Not bad, eh?

Then yesterday I decided that I was sick & tired of the half-empty shopping bags lying around my apartment & I emptied every single one of them on my bed. I found homes for about half the stuff, then put the rest of the stuff back into shopping bags, which are now sitting on my kitchen floor. But now it's only 1 & 1/2 bags instead of a gazillion. I also took the huge B&BW bag I had lugged home on Friday & used it to throw out my cat's litter box (which was really grungy) & the newspaper I had placed underneath it (which was so grungy it was ready to walk out of my bathroom by itself). Cat now has a new litter box (aka one of those giant Reynolds disposable roasting pans) & clean newspaper underneath it. I also went grocery shopping at 2 different places.

Today: I went grocery shopping again to buy things that I hadn't known were on sale & therefore didn't bring coupons yesterday. I also whittled down a couple of inches of the newspaper mountain & picked up some of the crap off my floor. I can now actually see a small part of the floor. It's just big enough for the cat, who is now lying there comatose as I type this.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. Not very exciting, but at least I didn't lie on the couch all day.

Last week at work was pretty peaceful because a lot of people were out the entire week. This week they'll be back, & I have a feeling that the workload is going to hit me full force. Maybe this is part of the reason why I have insomnia: I know that the sooner I fall asleep, the sooner morning will come, and the sooner I'll have to get up and go to work.

Speaking of going to sleep, it's time for me to do just that. 'Night!

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger