It's a GAD GAD World
Saturday, November 24, 2007
 
READ IN CASE OF PIZZA
Just some reminders to myself in case I ever get the urge to order pizza again:

1) Contrary to what you thought, the carbs did NOT knock you out and enable you to sleep. Even with a Tylenol PM and even with crawling into bed around 10pm, you were still tossing & turning until shortly before 5am.

2) The sodium level in that stuff is so high that you'll be gulping water until the cows come home. Or in your case, gulping water on & off till 5am when you finally fell asleep. And you woke up at 8:45am--thirsty!

3) You weigh 225 pounds. You are not getting any younger, and your metabolism is not getting any better. Do you want to be alone for the rest of your life?

4) Since leaving work on Tuesday night you have blown more than $120. More than $80 of that was spent just yesterday. (And none of it was spent on gifts since you currently have no reason to purchase gifts.) The $20 you dropped on pizza/tipping the driver last night did not help. This is why if you are unfortunate enough to live to reach retirement age you will have to either a) not retire or b) spend your retirement eating cat food.

So yeah, I'm regretting the pizza now. But last night just after I'd eaten it I felt good. Not happy, I don't think I'll ever be truly happy. But I was calm & content. If only there were a drug that makes me feel as good as food makes me feel.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger