It's a GAD GAD World
Monday, December 03, 2007
 
THE ABYSS IS CALLING
I spent this entire weekend debating (both internally and externally w/one of my teachers from high school) if and when and how I should start looking for another job. Should I start immediately or wait until I figure out what my situation at Bellevue is going to be? Should I hit hard or should I just send out a couple of feelers? What? When? How? And I prayed and asked God to show me the answer.

Well, the answer came at 9am this morning. My cell phone rings & it's my colleague from work. I won't go into details, but it was something really stupid. I was told (by someone above me who has a few screws loose) to do something. I did exactly as I was told. But it turns out that doing it caused an administrative nightmare. So, even though I did what I was supposed to do, guess who's more than likely going to get a thorough ass-chewing when she shows up for work tomorrow morning?

Within 2 hours I had fired off my first resume/cover letter to a local college.

I've decided that unless I see something REALLY appealing, I'm going to limit my resumes to 1 a day. If I do more than that it's just going to stress the hell out of me. In fact, I think I'm already there. My colleague's phone call set the tone for my entire day, and I can feel myself slipping into breakdown/flipout/crackup/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit mode.

I don't know how often I'm going to be able to blog over the next few weeks. Except for the week between Christmas & New Year's, when I'll be off work and have absolutely nothing to do but go crazy within the 4 walls of my apartment. I won't ask you to pray for me, since I don't know how religious any of you are. But I do ask you to think of me.

The Charlie Brown special comes on in 5 minutes. I'm going to watch it, then I'm going to call my teacher again. Then hopefully my drugs will kick in & I'll zonk out & experience heavenly nothingness until it's time to go back to the hellhole.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger