It's a GAD GAD World
Saturday, February 09, 2008
 
IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE
Well, I think it's safe to say I've officially reached middle age.
I pulled out my first gray hair Tuesday night.

I had noticed it shining through my scalp for maybe a week prior, but I was hoping it was blond and not gray. (My hair tends to get blondish when exposed to the sun.) For some reason on Tuesday I decided to pluck it once and for all just to end my internal debate. And there it was. Not blond, not brown. WHITE.

As far as I can tell it's the only one I've got at this point. And I looked, trust me. And I know enough not to start plucking blindly at every future one that pops up. (Once you start going gray there's NOTHING you can do to reverse the process. So if your solution to hidinng your gray is to pluck, you'll eventually end up bald. Not good.) I only plucked this first one just to confirm my fear.

Still, it's depressing. If you had told me that I'd find gray in my hair before I found a real boyfriend, I probably would have figured there was no reason to live. I guess it's a good thing you didn't tell me. On the other hand, I already have no reason to live, so I guess it's all even.

On another note, didja see that study that says depressed people spend more when they shop? Gee, I wonder if that's why my apartment is full of crap. :P

My first appointment with the new p-doc is this Friday, the day after Black Thursday (February 14). God, I hope this one works out.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger