It's a GAD GAD World
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
 
GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH
Thanks KeviLars for your thoughts.

Our whole departmet had a big meeting the other day to plot out what the hell we're going to do in my colleague's absence.

Here's the upshot of that meeting: I'm going to do it. Without any goddamn support whatsoever.

Still no word from my boss about my raise. And before you know it, it will be time for my annual performance review & they'll just give me my 3% (unless they come up with a creative way to give me a negative review) & they'll call that my raise.

If I could walk off this job TODAY, I would. But I can't. Not without another job in hand. I've been diligently checking the sites of some other places where I know I could be paid more, but there isn't much for which I'm qualified.

So until that fateful day comes, I've somehow got to figure out a way to come into work every morning with a smile on my face acting like I'm happy and grateful for the royal screwing I am about to receive.

I wonder if it's too late for me to trade places with my friend with cancer. Oh wait--she's dead. Yeah, I guess it is too late.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger