It's a GAD GAD World
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
 
THE COMPUTER SAGA CONTINUES
To make a long story short, I've picked out a computer that I want to buy. Its only disadvantage is that it doesn't have a floppy drive, which means I'm going to have to put all the stuff I have on floppy onto my current hard drive, then burn it onto a CD. It will be a pain in the ass, but doable.

But not nearly as big of a pain as when I tried to purchase it online late this afternoon. My credit card wouldn't go through. I've had this card for 15 years with no problem. I called the onlie retailer, & they said sometimes the bank puts a hold on big purchases as a means of fraud prevention. I called the credit card company to tell them to take off the hold. 45 minutes later, I find out that there were in fact some fraudulent charges on my card (2 charges of $1 each to Napster & iTunes), my card has been cancelled, and I'm having a new one shipped to me tomorrow.

Also, one of the IT guys at work is going to install it for me, so I won't have to pay those other bozos $150 each.

I just want to put my head in someone's lap right now and have my head stroked. Dogs & cats have such a great life. The ones with good homes, that is. It took every ounce of strength I had not to call the guy I kissed a few weeks ago & invite him out for a drink.

I really need to come up with a nickname for this guy. Let's call him the Guitar God. And no, I've not heard from him, and I'm not expecting to. But he gives me something to dream about while I wish I could win the lottery so I could tell everyone at my job to go fuck themselves. Except that would be a physical impossibility for some of the idiots I work with because they're too tight.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger