It's a GAD GAD World
Saturday, July 04, 2009
 
HAPPY FOURTH
Tonight is my last night of freedom before I get back into the routine of work. (I had this entire week off.)

I had some good things happen. I had my annual doctor's appointment and I actually got to see the doctor instead of the half-wit physician's assistant I had last year. A few days later I got my lab results back, and I am officially off Lipitor. I then celebrated this fact by consuming 4 pints of ice cream over 4 days.

I also had my p-doc appointment. This was the first time I'd seen her since December. I only go to see her when I need meds, and I managed to make my doxepin prescription with 3 refills last until now. I told her I was running low on remeron (the ginormous handful of freebies handed to me by the White Russian in 2006 was starting to dwindle). She wrote me a prescription for 30 pills with 5 refills (the max # of refills a doc's allowed to give you). I didn't even ASK for that much! And remeron is not something I take every day. I take it maybe once or twice a month. She gave me 5 refills on the doxepin too, which was good. She refilled my xanax, but I'll have to go back & see her next month to get a refill on the klonopin.

I also had a professional organizer come out to my apartment to ward off any threats from my landlord for clutter eviction. She started pitching magazines left and right & I started freaking out. It brought back memories that I'd long forgotten of my mother saying "clean your room or I'll clean it for you" and how I had no control over my possessions or my privacy. Which also goes a long way toward explaining why my landlord's behavior pissed me off so much.

Anyway, we managed to clear out about 3 boxes and a garbage bag's worth of stuff. I don't know if I'm going to have her back. She was nice and tried to be helpful, but it was just too uncomfortable for me to have this woman reminding me of my mother.

Anxiety-wise, I've been fine--except for when the organizer was pitching my magazines. Then this afternoon the anxiety hit me full force. Probably because I was thinking about having to go back to work. I took a doxepin & I was fine.

At any rate, I don't think I'm going to have to worry about my landlord evicting me. Even if he threatens me with it, the law says he has to give me 30 days to clean up my act.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger