It's a GAD GAD World
Sunday, December 26, 2010
 
GRRRRRRRRR.........
Thanks Echo for your comment. I'm going to have to do some net-searching on "thyroid antibodies" so that when I ask my PCP to do this the next time I see her, I will sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Remember those gifts I sent out that no one had acknowledged yet? On Christmas Eve I was sitting here in my apartment doing nothing in particular when my cell phone rang. It was one of the recipients calling to thank me. She'd had to put one of her cats down that morning so my gift was perfect timing. We ended up having a 3 1/2 hour conversation. It's the one Christmas gift I've wanted for more than a decade. Someone actually acknowledged my existence over the holiday.

For weeks now I'd been planning to do some shopping the day after Christmas. I had some coupons to blow & I wanted to take advantage of post-holiday sales. I wasn't planning on the mother of all snowstorms. Still got most of my planned shopping done, but I had to head back home earlier than I expected.

Then I was watching TV & I tried to go to a particular channel & the picture went out entirely. This has happened before. It's one of the quirks of my DVR. Usually I can reset it by unplugging the unit & plugging it back in again. Not this time. And right before the evening news. I was going to spend my morning watching the weather coverage, but I guess I'm not now. I'm ready to bash the damn thing in with a baseball bat.

I put in a call to my video guru friend & told her to call me before midnight if she got the msg in time. So now I'm killing time online waiting to see if she'll call back.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger