It's a GAD GAD World
Friday, December 24, 2010
 
JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Well, at least I won't be spending Christmas alone this year. I'll have Aunt Flo to keep me company. She arrived today, a week early. I hope this isn't another extended visit.

The increased doxepin dosage seems to be going OK, although I have to admit I haven't been as faithful about taking it as I should.

Went to see the electro-cardiologist this week. I had gone to get a specific procedure done, which they seemed to know nothing about once I got into the exam room, an hour late. After examining me she asked me to get dressed and come into her office "to discuss your options". After mentioning one option--the one that involves frying off a part of my heart without anesthesia--and I said I wasn't interested in that particular option, she terminated the conversation.

And people wonder why I hate doctors.

I know that this is the time of year when we're supposed to focus on all the love and warm fuzzies out there, but I'm just not feeling it. I haven't felt it in a long time, but now I'm really not feeling it. After I got skewered on FB for what I thought was something inocuous and fun, I decided I didn't want to bother with holiday presents. But I'd bought a few before I made that decision, & I didn't want them sitting around my apartment so I mailed them. One of them might not have reached its destination yet, but I have yet to hear thanks from either of the other 2 recipients.

On the other hand, I managed to score a good deal on art supplies, so I bought some for a neighbor friend of mine who drives me places occasionally. So that was good.

For all those who are reading (and thanks to the nifty new stat function, I know some people are!), I wish you a warm and safe holiday. I won't say "happy", because I can't even achieve that for myself. But I hope that even if you're not surrounded by gobs of presents and people who care about you, that at least you're warm and safe.

Comments:
A warm and safe holiday to you too. I'm not sure how many people really do 'feel' true holiday cheer. I think it's just piled on thick and no one wants to truly admit it's all a bit 'eh'. Anywho Pat, because I can tell from your blog that you must be a fan of unsolicited advice and also because I know you adore the derisive looks asking questions of your doctor about your own health will get you, next time you see someone about Aunt Flo ask for a thyroid test (antibodies as well as levels). Low thyroid makes you: fat, miserable, hormonal, bleed to death from the vajayjay as well as gives you dry skin and makes your hair thin. (Ask me how I know). Anyway, that's my Xmas gift to you. Unsolicited health advice. Enjoy xoxo
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger