It's a GAD GAD World
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
 
LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN
As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, here's what happened at my last pdoc appointment.

Recall that at my last visit in December, I was depressed as fuck. As a result, my pdoc upped my doxepin from 75 mgs to 100 mgs. I'm obviously feeling better now and I told her so.

Then she whips out a lovely letter from the cardiologist clowns. They apparently sent her a snitch report. My pdoc asked me about what happened. I responded that experiences like the ones I'd had at that office are the reason why I hate doctors. I told her how both of them wanted me to undergo a procedure that would require me to lie naked on a table while they shove needles up my crotch & fry off a part of my heart--without anesthesia. I told her that there was no conclusive proof that I'd ever experienced any symptoms because of my condition (it's POSSIBLE, but it's not CERTAIN), and in light of that, I didn't think an invasive heart procedure was worth the risk. My pdoc agreed and left it at that. However, she said that at the end of this month I should drop my doxepin back down to 75 mgs because one of the possible side effects is heart arrhythmia. I said that this was fine.

So after I got home I did a little research on doxepin. (You'd think I would have done this when I first started the drug in 2006.) Turns out arrhythmia is a potential side effect for ALL tricyclic antidepressants. Uh-oh. I'm not going to stop taking doxepin, but at my next appointment I want to discuss possible alternatives in case I ever HAVE to stop taking doxepin.

One more side note about Healthcentral--it's bad enough when people on the street mistake me for being male. I suppose I should expect it from people who've never met me face-to-face.

I thought for sure we'd get a snow day today because of the treacherous conditions. But we didn't. So I took a day off today and did absolutely nothing. Then we closed early. So I guess I took half a day. I'll be surprised if we don't get tomorrow off. It's supposed to be even uglier.

Didja hear about that boy in Philadelphia who was attacked by his classmates? 6 people beat him up, a 7th person filmed it, it happened in broad daylight near an apartment complex, and NO ONE CALLED 911 FOR HELP. You can even see people walking past in the video.

Why is it considered socially acceptable for students to beat each other up? Why is it "just a part of growing up"? Why do we "just have to learn to deal with it"?

You've probably heard about Katie, the little girl in Chicago who got picked on by her male classmates for bringing a Star Wars bottle to school. Well, someone at Epbot.com picked up on the story, and from there it spread like wildfire. Then the Epbot people decided to put all the supportive comments together in a book & sell it. You can buy it at Lulu. I did. It's nearly 600 pages long, and the print isn't terribly large. Every few nights I read a few pages of it. It makes me feel better when bad stuff is happening to kids at school.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger