It's a GAD GAD World
Sunday, October 16, 2011
 
STOP THIS RIDE I WANT TO GET OFF (in more ways than one)
Exactly one month ago today I spotted a little and haven't bled since. I think my body wants to have a period now but for some reason my uterus isn't cooperating.

My reason for thinking this? For the past week I haven't been able to stop thinking about sex, which makes me think my hormones are up to something. I spent 95% of my time in college like this. Sex was what I'd daydream about in class when the lectures got really boring. Now that I'm an old woman I've finally been relieved of that torture.

But not this week. You wanna know how bad it is? (Of course you do, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now.) Since I don't have a real man in my life, I've been thinking non-stop about a local TV news reporter. I'd been paying attention to him for a while now, but now it's raging my brain. It's so bad that I paid full price for a CD by a certain commercial pop tart whom I wouldn't be caught dead listening to in public because there's something in the title of one of her songs that reminds me of the reporter. (No I'm not naming any names, don't ask.)

I uploaded the song to my computer sometime this week & I've been listening to it nonstop. I'm quite certain I could do it karaoke without looking at the cheat screen if I ever set foot in karaoke bars.

When I was younger I used to beg God to either give me a man or take away my desire to have one. Finally, it seems that He's chosen the latter. Except for moments like this when my hormones decide to act up. I should be grateful though, I guess. At least I still HAVE hormones.

Went to my regular doc last month & gave her an earful about the cardio clowns. She agreed that I had a right to be suspicious. Long story short she referred me to another cardiologist & I have an appt in November. That's the good news. The bad news is that my triglycerides are now up to 333, which is nearly 100 points above what it was last year. And I was TRYING to stay away from deadly food in the month prior to the blood draw. AND taking my vitamins & what's left of my Lipitor. Shit.

I think I'm going to listen to the pop tart a few more times then I'm going to go for a walk.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger