It's a GAD GAD World
Monday, January 14, 2013
 
THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR SLACKING
It's been so long since I posted that the email account I use just for this blog expired. So I had to open a new account before I could post again.

I've been putting off this post for a while now because I didn't want to commit this to paper. Cyberpaper, whatever. Approximately a week after my last post I was fired.

I know I'm supposed to feel shamed and disgraced for being dismissed. I know I'm supposed to try and learn from this and focus on what I did wrong. But I don't feel ashamed, and I don't feel like I did anything wrong. In fact, I feel pretty good for someone who has no job and no money. I'm still fighting with the unemployment gods for compensation. But that's not the fault of School of Style. That's just governmental red tape.

I feel so much better now that I don't have to go into that office and deal with those catty little bitches. I've been catching up on my sleep, watching a lot of news, and yes, I've been job hunting. Nothing on that front yet, but I'm working on it. I have to--you have to be able to prove you're looking for work if you want to collect unemployment. And I'm almost off my meds completely. Despite being unemployed, my anxiety levels are lower than they've been in months.

And once word got out that I was out, more than a dozen people came forward and agreed to be references for me. That alone speaks volumes to the contribution I made when I was there.

I've been watching so much news that I'm now lusting after 2 reporters. In addition to Mr. Reporter, whom I've spoken about often, I'm also following another reporter on the same station whom I'll call Mr. Congeniality.

I'll type more when I feel like it. But I think I'm going to go to bed now. I just wanted to post something because I haven't in a while.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger